Re: Blue Anthuriums

  • Subject: Re: Blue Anthuriums
  • From: Corey W <cewickliffe@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:08:41 -0500

Are those dyed? I walked into a home depot recently to see a whole selection of what are clearly moth orchids "dyed" blue. I remember something about giving them dye in the water to get them to do that in the past, but these significantly blue flowers make me wonder what they are doing now...

Not that these plants are meant to live beyond a limited flowering period anyways (sad enough) but I wonder how many unsuspecting owners get them to bloom again only to find out they are white! The plant version of injected flourescent dye glass fish and tattooed platies from the fish world. Makes me sad.

Corey