Re: Blue Anthuriums

  • Subject: Re: Blue Anthuriums
  • From: Corey W <cewickliffe@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 00:28:24 -0500

Jude - I don't doubt that there might be some real blues (or getting close to it!) given some of the deep purples I've seen the varieties have, but I think if you saw them in person you'd realize these were not giving some orchid breeder out there the hybridizer happy dance. It looks off, like the flowers were painted with watercolor or something! It was more glaring due to the "natural" untreated hybrids right next to them.

Susan- thanks for the info on the company. Interesting that the treatment lasts so long!  I agree, ick no matter the flower :( also kind of feels like cheating? I want some yellow micro sinningias (gesneriads), but I don't want to treat them to get it. I'd rather do the happy hybridizer dance after a long time trying to mix and mold genetics that may not want to play my game.