Re: Amorphophallus discophorus - offsets, bulbils ?

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus discophorus - offsets, bulbils ?
  • From: Albert Huntington <amasakih@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 08:24:01 -0800

Folks,

  I don't know about A. discophorus, but I have made the file available on the genera database on aroid.org under Amorphophallus, as well as updating the growing notes a bit.  Please see http://www.aroid.org/genera/amorphophallus

  There has been a lot of speculation as to the original authorship of this file.  As far as we can establish, Tony Avent, Wilbert Hetterscheid and Alan Galloway all contributed to it in the early stages, and it has been a collaborative effort of the community since then.  I have secured permission from the original authors to post the latest version, and have also attempted to add a list of contributors and the start of a revision history at the bottom.

If anyone has any additions to the contributor list - or more importantly updates to the spreadsheet, please let me know privately and they will be added.

Thanks to all, and especially Bernhard for getting this started,
--Albert