Re: help for identification of a philodendron

  • Subject: Re: help for identification of a philodendron
  • From: "Ertelt, Jonathan B" <jonathan.ertelt@Vanderbilt.Edu>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 22:02:53 +0000

Title: Re: [Aroid-l] help for identification of a philodendron
Valentine,
My reaction would have to be that neither of these leaves represents a Philodendron, and only the right one with the more matte finish leaf could somewhat be considered a climber. Of course the other challenge is that the plant you have illustrated has what must be roots but certainly look more like tendrils, not a characteristic of aroids. There are definitely some interpretive aspects to the original drawings no matter what direction you go. Good luck.

Jonathan