Re: Anthurium ID

Title: Re: [Aroid-l] Anthurium ID

>From the shot, which admittedly doesn’t show the stem or even any real detail on the leaves, i.e. petiole, leaf abaxial surface, etc. it looks very similar to Anthurium pageanum, endemic to Panama. The challenge is the berry color – if these berries were not ripe and are gradually darkening to red when ripe, that makes it a whole lot closer. The berries scattered like that across the spadix is pretty typical of this species as well. I actually used to have enough A. pageanum that I might have distributed it around through a greenhouse growers listserve, but I’m not sure whether it would have gotten up there or not. If it is that species it’s doing impressively well there. I’ll be interested to hear if Tom weighs in on this.

On 11/2/14 9:48 PM, "Don Martinson" <llmen@wi.rr.com> wrote:

I saw this anthurium today at the Olbrich Gardens in Madison, WI.  It wasn’t labeled.  Can anyone suggest an ID?  I’m wondering if the yellow berries are in any way diagnostic. The variegated leaf in the second photo doesn’t belong to the infructescence.

-- Don Martinson
   Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Aroid-L mailing list
Aroid-L mailing list