Re: collecting titnaum seeds in the wild - forbidden?

  • Subject: Re: collecting titnaum seeds in the wild - forbidden?
  • From: "Traud Winkelmann und Bernhard Strolka" <StroWi@t-online.de>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 20:35:53 +0100

Jonathan,

no it is not stated that the seeds were wild collected, just:

"Amorphophallus titanum 50 seeds, just taken and cleaned from the pulp. Germination usually almost 100%
shipping with express/dhl/ems 5-10 days to worldwide
Packing : will dip it in sterile vermiculate, and pack it in hard small plastic box
No phyto/any paperwork included, buy at your owk risk !
USUALLY SHIPMENTS TO EUROPE and USA 100% PASS CUSTOMS"

The item loction is Medan the capital of the North Sumatra province in Indonesia.
It's very unlikely that the seeds are from a cultivated specimen.

let alone the origin of these seed I would be interested to learn if wild collections are allowed in Sumatra or not......

Rgds, Bernhard.

-----Original-Nachricht-----