Re: collecting titnaum seeds in the wild - forbidden?

  • Subject: Re: collecting titnaum seeds in the wild - forbidden?
  • From: BO MAGRYS <bonaventure@optonline.net>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 16:55:58 -0500 (EST)

What I worry about in "captive" titanum populations; are we breeding and
selecting for earlier flowering, and thereby perhaps smaller,
individuals of the species?

In general for any cultivated plant also is the problem of in-breeding
depression. I think it may be the cause of some of my losses of
self-seeding annuals over the years which started from one individual.

Bonaventure Magrys in NJ