Re: Philo. "Xanadu"

Eric,

My mistake:  zone 9b it is!  I lived the first half of my life in zone 5a, so
anything south of zone 7b seems warm to me.  I once lived in a cold pocket in
Apopka, just a 30 minute drive to the north of Orlando, that probably was close
to a zone 8b micro climate.  During the Christmas freeze of 1987 I actually saw
ice crystals/snow in the air.  There wasn't much left of the subtropical
landscape after two consecutive nights of -8 C (17 F).

Seriously though, it would be interesting to know the limits of the growing
temperatures of  P. 'Xanadu'.  I suppose it should be similar to P. selloum.

Thanks for the correction, and I am happy to see someone else on the list from
Orlando.

Regards,  Scott

Scott E. Hyndman
USDA, ARS, USHRL