Alocasia culture

I bought two Alocasia from a nursery center--both growing very well.
Somehow, I thought these plants liked to have their feet wet.  On advice
from a nursery worker and checking the Web, I realize that they don't.
The information, though, indicates that they can overwinter as a dormant
plant.

Neither had a name tag but the nursery worker said one was 'African
Mask.'  The other has no name.  The leaves are a dark olive green with
darker veins and a narrow, dark edge.  The underside is burgundy and the
leaf edge has a slight wave to it.  The leaves feel quite thick and look
velvety.  I really like the subtle colors on it.

Should I encourage these to go dormant?  If so, how?  Both pots had a
plant that looked like they could be separated so a  sister and I shared
them.  'African Mask' doesn't look like anything happened, the other
wasn't happy (I may have gotten the offset plant) but is now
recovering.  Can I keep them growing now, put them outdoors when the
weather warms up (probably late June here in Zone 5a) and let them go
dormant next fall?

Jean Halverson Wisconsin USA