Help Needed: Virtual Palm Encyclopedia CD Survey

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Help Needed: Virtual Palm Encyclopedia CD Survey
  • From: Jody Haynes <webmaster@plantapalm.com>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 15:06:59 -0500 (CDT)

Dear "Aroid-L" subscribers,

We need your assistance. But before I ask for your help,
please allow me to provide some background information.

Because of the many requests we have received for a "hard
copy" version of the Virtual Palm Encyclopedia, we have been
working on producing it in a CD format. As you know, the
Virtual Palm Encyclopedia is a world-renowned scientific
reference guide and horticultural resource for palms from
throughout the world.

Produced by the Palm & Cycad Societies of Florida, Inc.,
this CD will contain over 50 articles on topics ranging from
palm horticulture, conservation, ethnobotany, taxonomy,
evolution, and pests and diseases. The CD will also contain
an inventory of over 1700 known palm species, and photos of
over 500 species; a glossary of over 1000 palm genus and
species names, along with their pronunciations and meanings;
and a listing of over 300 palm common names cross-referenced
to their botanical names.

This VPE 2000 Edition CD-ROM is the first of a series of
updates that will be made available on an annual basis.
Wouldn’t you like to have this valuable palm-related
information available at your finger tips without having to
get online?
---------------------------------------
Here is where we need your assistance:

Please take just a moment to complete a six-question online
survey at:
http://www.plantapalm.com/vpesurvey.htm

As our way of saying *Thanks* for participating in this
survey, you will receive FREE shipping when you order the
Virtual Palm Encyclopedia CD when it is ready. You will also
be entered into our FREE CD giveaway.

Thank you all for your time and cooperation.

Kindest regards,
Jody Haynes
Corresponding Secretary, Editor & Webmaster
Palm & Cycad Societies of Florida (PACSOF)
  Virtual Palm & Cycad Encyclopedias
  Website: <http://www.plantapalm.com>