Re: transplanting Dracontiums

Do you have any tubers to spare?
B. Magrys

From:     "Michael Pascall" <mpascall@eisa.net.au>@mobot.org on 10/17/2000
06:40 PM
Please respond to aroid-l@mobot.org
Sent by:  aroid-l@mobot.org

To:  Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>

Subject:  transplanting Dracontiums

After many complaints from the people who had to live right next to several
large flowering clumps of Dracontiums
 [ D.gigas  &  D.pittieri ] I thought now is the time !!

I dug up the clump of pittieri and some of the tubers must have been over
20cm dia. Have potted up some and they shot straight up !!
Many of the D.gigas now are planted in a gully with light shade overhead so
that they may reach even greater heights than before , as the full sun may
have kept them shorter.
Some of the petiole bases extended over 30cm/1' into the ground , so I do
not think I have got all of the tubers .
I shudder to think how large the very deep tuber may be .Michael Pascall

Michael Pascall

Michael Pascall