Re: experiments on amorphophallus bulbs

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: experiments on amorphophallus bulbs
  • From: "Nyles" <metopium@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 18:25:55 -0500 (CDT)

Yes, for me this seemd to work really well!
I started out with a normal feeding schedule and just started ramping up
until they didn't seem to thrive. I still haven't reached that point!

I do over water to flush out the salts that build up each time.
Sometimes, I water with straight water to flush.

Some of my Amorphs have gone from less than a foot to huge in one season.

Many of my other plants (non-amorphs) can't take this feeding. If that's the
case I just flush the soil out with water and resume the usual recommended

I don't think I've lost a plant yet.

Hope that this helps!