Amorphophallus Propagation

  • Subject: Amorphophallus Propagation
  • From: "WEAVER,BILL (HP-USA,ex3)" <bill_weaver@hp.com>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:43:03 -0500 (CDT)

Someone on this list had previously mentioned the possibility of
stem (or more precisely petiole) propagation of Amorphophallus
species. I was wondering if I would have any success with leaf(let)
propagation of some of the larger species? Specifically I was
planning to remove a single leaflet from my A. titanum, treat it
with rooting gel, bury the cut end in potting soil and put the
whole thing in a plastic bag. Would I and up with a new plant
or just mush?

Thank You for any help

Bill Weaver