RE: aroid cooking (was : It's everwhere)

  • Subject: RE: aroid cooking (was : It's everwhere)
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:43:25 -0500 (CDT)

Nonono, it is NOT native to japan at all!! I didn't say that. It is cultivated since ages in Japan and Von Sieboldt brought tubers that's all. Am. konjac is probably native to China (but has also escaped from cultivation there) and possibly in Vietnam. The problem is that the species has been travelling with humans a lot. Hell, there is even a clone derived from a plant found in Sabah (near Kota Kinabalu). Go figure!!

Lord P.