Re: [aroid-l] Xanthos. saggitiflorum

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Xanthos. saggitiflorum
  • From: "MJ Hatfield" mjhatfield@oneota.org
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 13:47:01 -0500

I too would like to know if Xanthosoma can be put into a dormancy (withhold
water to the pot, store in the dark garage heated to just under 40F). Also
can Alocasia 'Calidora'. It has become too big to fit in the house (well, I
could move the kitchen table to the garage).
Thanks.
MJ Hatfield

Ps. You folks who live in a warm climate are pretty smart. About this time
of year thoughts of winter winds, ice, snow, and bleakness (which is
beautiful in its own way) start to stir as I frantically try to find places
for the tropical plants, which have either multiplied or grown in size.