[aroid-l] Lilies in the Dark Ages

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Lilies in the Dark Ages
  • From: "Planter Rik" planterrik@hotmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:40:57 -0500

Calling the Middle Ages the "Dark Ages" is like calling an aroid a lily. I think Mr. Schmid has posted what links are to be found, but, if you enter the black hole of the "Dark Ages" and succeed in returning with useful or anecdotal connections, by all means, share them.

To have it specified when "confusion set in," or when or whether it has since been dispelled, will also be interesting. My impression is that confusion sets in when academic institutions do a poor job of teaching pre-renaissance history.

Rik

PS: I thought calla lilies had their points at the top.

------