Re: [aroid-l] Question About Exchange Page

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Question About Exchange Page
  • From: "Randy Story" story@caltech.edu
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 12:25:51 -0700

Great point Jason,

So should this be left totally up to the discretion of the moderators, or
should there be guidelines as to what is OK?  Greater than say 5 or 10 (?)
plants, perhaps fewer if some are freebies or if they would clearly appeal
to a greater audience than is possible on the trading post.

A few recent examples (in addition to Fausto), which in my opinion should
still be allowed: Wilbert's Anchomanes  seeds, Harry Witmore's
Amorphophallus kiusianus seeds, and far more than anything Wilbert's annual
distribution.

So maybe the criteria should be number of things offered, general interest
to people on the list, with extra weight given to things that are free.

These are subjective criteria, so in the end maybe we should just leave it
up to the moderators.

Randy