Re: [aroid-l] Question About Exchange Page

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Question About Exchange Page
  • From: "Albert Huntington" amh@ieee.org
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:00:34 -0500

Jason Hernandez <MossyTrail@cs.com> sez:
> Before the Exchange page was set up, there were periodic
> postings here by people with large numbers of plants to
> trade/offer (Fausto being the one most easily coming to
> mind).  Will such postings still appear here, or will all
> such transactions occur only on the website now?

Jason,

  Though I am not the final authority on such matters, I would
think that this would depend on the whim of the individuals
offering the plants.  I am aware of no change in the policy of
what is or is not allowed on the list .

  The trading post is maintained by the IAS as a service, created
at the request of the members of this list, and there is certainly
no requirement to use it.  In fact, I suspect that those with
larger distributions of plants would find the format somewhat more
restrictive than a post to aroid-l.

  For those with smaller numbers of plants to trade, the trading
post can provide a more permanent record of their offers, and the
added benefit of consolidating multiple offers in one place.  The
only disadvantage is that aroid-l is not always pro-actively
notified of additions to the trading page.

  There are usually a lot of great plants up for trade, and I will
be attempting hilight some of the new listings from time to time
on aroid-l for those who are not in the habit of checking the list.

Albert Huntington
Trading Post co-moderator

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net