[aroid-l] Leaflet variability in Amorphophallus konjac?

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Leaflet variability in Amorphophallus konjac?
  • From: ken@spatulacity.com
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 11:52:43 -0400

Have list members noticed much variability in the shape of Amorphophallus
konjac leaflets?  I got a handful of offsets from a friend, which looked
like konjac (I saw the mother corm) and tossed them in with mine. Now I have
a bunch of plants with significantly rounded leaflets compared with the
konjacs they're growing with. They're so different that I can easily spot
them amongst the 50+ offsets that I grew this year.

My friend's corm flowered this spring. I've asked him to describe it and I
gave him a link to the konjac page on aroid.org. He's not an aroider by
nature and acquired the corm randomly from someone in the cactus club, I
think.

Thanks in advance,
Ken Mosher