Re: [aroid-l] Epipremnum

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Epipremnum
  • From: MossyTrail@cs.com
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 03:16:54 -0400

"Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com> wrote:

>  I believe I recall the last time we spoke w/ Pete Boyce he said he had encountered this species of variegated  Epipremnum in the wild, and it was NOT a 'sport' of the all-green species as was previously thought, but a distinct and 'good' species.   He said then that he was going to work on a paper about this new location in the wild.

Good.  It will be interesting to see if there is any sympatry between them.  The Epipremnums I saw in Botel Tobago (Aroideana 2002) did not appear variegated, but then, I was not really looking for that detail and may have missed it -- I did not know, then, that the plant I thought of as Scindapsus (golden pothos) was, in fact an Epipremnum.

Jason Hernandez
Naturalist-at-Large