Re: [aroid-l] Places to visit in Victoria, BC

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Places to visit in Victoria, BC
  • From: "P. Postlewaite" Peter@ShadyPath.com
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:31:04 -0600

Butchart Gardens is a world class botanical garden and an absolute must see. Located about a half hour north of Victoria, it's an easy drive. If you don't have a car, there are bus tours that go to the garden. If you are there when they are open in the evening, I recommend (if possible) seeing the gardens in both daylight and nighttime (the lighting at night is spectacular). The admission charge is good for the whole day, so you can visit during the day, then leave to go somewhere else in the afternoon, and return to the garden in the evening. Their website is has a wealth of information:

Pete Postlewaite