[Aroid-l] A free raffle for 4 tuberous aroid tubers

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] A free raffle for 4 tuberous aroid tubers
  • From: Ken Mosher <ken@spatulacity.com>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 22:56:17 -0400

With the moderator's permission to post this semi-commercial message:

Ken Mosher, pesky proprietor of Drago Cactoid, wants to announce a RAFFLE
for members of the DragoCactoid Yahoogroup...

The raffle prize is:

ONE tuber of Amorphophallus koratensis (small)

ONE tuber of Pseudodracontium sp. (similar to Pseudodracontium lacourii

ONE tuber of Typhonium sp. (either elliptic gray leaves like T. subglobosum
[http://www.aroid.org/genera/typhonium/subglobosum/index.html] or linear
leaflets like T. bognerianum [no photo])

ONE *offset* of Sauromatum venosum "Indian Giant" propagated by me (now
moved into genus Typhonium)

That's four great tuberous aroids raffled FREE to one lucky group member!

Shipping to USA addresses will be paid by me, but foreign shipping will
have to be paid by the recipient (no phytosanitary certificate).

Since my contact list is much too large for me ever to compose an email to
you all ever again :) the very easiest way for me to keep everyone abreast
of what I have available is by making announcements to the YahooGroup. So
now you know the benefit to me.

The benefit to you is that you don't have to check my site to see what's
new, and you don't have to email me to ask (although that's OK too). As an
enticement to get you to join, I'm going to raffle off four tubers as
described above to anyone who remains a group member for 21 days.

I will check group membership on October 10 and make a list of the members.
Then on Oct 31 I'll check again, and anyone who appears on both lists will
have their name entered into the drawing.

Also, I have just brought back two largish boxes of Amorphophallus,
Pseudodracontium and Typhonium from the International Aroid Society's
annual show and sale. As soon as I get everything sorted out I'll start
announcing to the YahooGroup list. This time of year will be a little busier for the list since I'm also harvesting my own crop of plants that have been growing all summer.

-Ken Mosher, http://dragocactoid.com

raffle! Do it now! Instructions below...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have created a YahooGroup to allow everyone to receive news about new
plants and products being offered.

1) You can join or leave any time you want

2) Only the moderator can post (that's me), so there won't be lots of
people posting emails of dubious value, and NO SPAM for products of dubious
desirability popping into your inbox through this group.

3) Posting will be infrequent. For instance, I created the group in May,
2004 and my first post would have been to announce the availability of
Amorphophallus muelleri and A. variabilis in July.

To join, send an email to DragoCactoid-subscribe@yahoogroups.com