[Aroid-l] morphing photos to creat hybrid possiblities

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] morphing photos to creat hybrid possiblities
  • From: Brian Williams <pugturd@alltel.net>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:36:59 -0400

I recently have been doing many anthurium hybrids and have really put in to mind what the hybrids my possibly look like. So much so that I started drawing pictures of what I think they hybrids might look like. Then I though about a older photo morphing the idea is to slowly change one image into another the inbetween image is a mix of both pictures. Producing a kind of hybrid possibility picture or at least a guestimation. I have put warq pollen on veitchii and have tried to take pictures of just the leaves off both species bring them to the exact size if not larger and morph the images. The results are a bit interesting. But I think someone with good computer skills could possibly produce a effective way to make this work very well? If someone is interested I would be very willing to put forth some photos to get manipulated as well as some hybrid info to see if this works well and who knows it might be extremely close to what the hybrids will look like. It would be interesting to see what a titanum and Paonifolius would look like hybridized using this. It would basically be digitally hybridizing? If anyone takes this one I would love to know. THANKS
Aroid-l mailing list