[Aroid-l] Amorphophallus koratensis petiole consistency

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus koratensis petiole consistency
  • From: Ken Mosher ken@spatulacity.com
  • Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 15:08:48 -0400

Anyone who has grown many Am. koratensis has seen the large variability between petioles - some light, some dark, some bumpy, some nearly smooth, some spotted and some nearly solid-colored.

My question is, how consistent is any one tuber from year to year in producing the same color petiole?

I naturally would have assumed that it would be consistent, except I noticed that when a tuber produced a second leaf (not sure if they were from the same tuber or from offsets, or both) that the new petiole was not always of the same coloration.

Has anyone tracked this?

If you have, I ask the same question about Am. asterostigmatus and the consistency of the percentage of coverage of the spots.

Ken Mosher
Aroid-l mailing list