Re: Growing Anthurium from seed

  • Subject: Re: Growing Anthurium from seed
  • From: pascal vieu <p_vieu@yahoo.fr>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 18:43:01 +0200

I have sown A. gracile and A. bakeri on pure coco
fiber, standard (but rather fibrous) peat, as
well as 50% peat 50% perlite. I put them in a
transparent plastic bag or I put a glass pane on
the pot so that the humidity level is 100% and
the soil remain quite moist. Temperature should
be kept (IMO) between 22 and 30°C. Light is
important too : without light the seeds do not germinate : do not bury them !

Regards and good luck,
Pascal Vieu

They are actually quite easy to grow, as well as
A. gracile. As far as the soil and ambiance are
moist and properly ventilated as soon as the
second leaves appear you should be quite successful.

At 08/10/2007 00:31, you wrote:
>I received some Anthurium scandens and possibly A. gracile seeds and
>would like to hear how you guys start them. According to the sender
>they are very easy to germinate.
>Aroid-L mailing list

Aroid-L mailing list