Re: xanthosoma?

  • Subject: Re: xanthosoma?
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:52:06 +0200

So I add my two words to the discussion. This isn't X. violaceum which I have for many years. X. violaceum has green, a little waxy upper side of leaves, when this plant in the photo has bluish leaf blades. X. violaceum has always violet petioles and the underside of leaves - this plant has not. Besides, the shape of the leaves doesn't resemble X. violaceum. They look rather like X. sagittifolium, maybe it even is a variety/cultivar of X. sagittifolium.