ethylene gas to force tubers

  • Subject: ethylene gas to force tubers
  • From: "E.Vincent Morano" <ironious2@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 21:50:49 -0700 (PDT)

I just discovered that ethylene gas can force tubers to wake up from dormancy. I tried it on some dormant draculus vulgaris and within 4-5 days the buds were swollen just over an inch high and roots had sprouted all around the base of the bud. I obtained my gas by putting the tubers in a plastic bag with two ripening banana's.

Do You Yahoo!?
Aroid-L mailing list