Re: Synandrospadix vermitoxicus - Germination

  • Subject: Re: Synandrospadix vermitoxicus - Germination
  • From: STARSELL@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 22:37:48 EDT

Hi All,

As one of the fortunate ones to receive some of these seeds
I am happy to report that one has emerged already.  A few days
ago I was able to see that the radicle of that seed was in the soil
media.

Can't tell for sure about any others although it looks as though
they may have the radicle in the soil as well, but they are not
so easily observed as the first one.

BTW, I discovered that a satellite box stays warm all the time.
Even when it is off. :-)

regards,

Alison

In a message dated 9/21/2009 6:37:59 P.M. Central Daylight Time, amh@ieee.org writes:
> Folks,
>
>  I have returned home from the annual IAS Show and Sale with quite some number
>  of what I assume are viable seeds of Synandrospadix vermitoxicus - a very interesting
>  tuberous Aroid from South America.

<snip>

>  ... which should be planted in a well-drained mix and kept very warm and moist.

> Germination may be slow in this species, especially if it's not kept warm
> and moist enough.

>  Priority will be given to members of the IAS, contributors
> to this list, and people who have sent me material in the past.

<snipped>