Re: Off-topic: examples of botanical nomenclature

  • Subject: Re: Off-topic: examples of botanical nomenclature
  • From: Hannon <othonna@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 15:42:31 -0700

At the family level probably none exceeds the Cactaceae for ratio of
synonyms to accepted names-- both at the genus and species levels.
There are also plenty of trinomials and doubtless some quadrinomials.
The new cactus lexicon and Edward F. Anderson's "The Cactus Family"
are good places to browse.