Re: Tobacco Mosaic Virus

  • Subject: Re: Tobacco Mosaic Virus
  • From: "Weaver, Bill" <bill.weaver@hp.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 23:04:24 +0000

Tobacco Mosaic Virus (TMV) and Cymbidium Mosaic Virus (CyMV) are big problems for orchid growers.
I have even seen symptoms show up in lilies potted in used orchid pots.

There are home test kits called "ImmunoStrips" available through a company called Agdia.

The virus can be detected, but not cured.

Bill