Re: Help with Typhonium ID possible Australian spp?

  • Subject: Re: Help with Typhonium ID possible Australian spp?
  • From: Michael Pascall <mickpascall@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 13:13:25 +1000

Brad , I think it will be the very weedy sp. Typhonium blumei
Michael Pascall,

From: b.oreilly@live.com.au
To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 10:21:41 +1030

Hi All,

I acquired this species roughly two seasons ago as the native Australain species Typhonium Brownii, but i always had my doubts. Now it has bloomed for me i believe it may be Typhonium eliosurum based on the description on plantNET. I have not been able to find any good pictures of the inflorescene or the plant itself for that matter and i have had limited experience with this genera.
It has proven coldy hardy and maintained foliage all season even through winter with lows down to 1-2c in the unheated glasshouse.
I have attached some pics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards
Brad O'Reilly

SONY DSC
VIEW SLIDE SHOW DOWNLOAD ALL
ADD MORE PHOTOS
This online album has 5 photos and will be available on SkyDrive until 27/01/2011.
SONY DSC
SONY DSC
SONY DSC
SONY DSC