Soil conditions of the Amorphophallus decus-silvae habitat ?

does someone know the exact type of soil Amorphophallus decus-silvae habitat?

I grow two genotypes originating from seeds Troy Davis aka http://www.sumatraflora.com/ (or now http://web.archive.org/web/20050401000000*/http://sumatraflora.com/ since Troy does not run the shop anymore) sold to someone in Germany in 2005.

A friend got he following information directly from Troy:

"Decus-silvae all came from Gunung Halimun in West Java, the only location for this plant asfar as I am aware.
They are from around 300m altitude, not very far (approx 50km) from Pelabuhan Ratuon the south coast."

So, would someone know the soil type
A friend who has trouble growing vegetatively propagated plants of my genotypes has in mind that he read somewhere that d-s grows on limestone born soil.

Can someone confirm this?
And would it indicate that d-s needs a lot of Ca-carbanate / limestone in an optimal potting mix?

Would a higher pH be good?

It has to be mentioned that my friend with troubles growing d-s uses reverse osmosid water (RO water) plus a good horticultural fertilizer.

Another thing he noticed is that decus-silvae and gigas as well tend to wilt rather soon when grown in full sun (inside a house).
So he grow both species now at a norhtern widow sill with allmost no direct sun light at all.

Any comments wellcome.....

Happy growing, Bernhard.
Aroid-L mailing list