Dracunculus vulgaris cultural requirements?

I've just received 5 large corms? of D. vulgaris from a friend in Holland.
Some of them look like they are starting into growth, showing a definite
point that looks like it's trying to form roots.

>From reading past posts, I understand these guys would be hardy in my USDA
zone 7 garden, but I don't have much clue on what kind of conditions they
need to thrive.

My soil is basic Maryland clay -- on the acid side.  I have woodland beds
of part sun or dappled shade with as much as a foot of rotted wood chips
over this clay which in one bed has a lot of 3/4" bluestone gravel in it;
I have a fairly small new bed of enriched clay in combination with compost
and spent potting soil containing a good amount of grit that is east facing
and gets sun for about 3 hours a day; I have borders of amended clay, all
drain well and most are pretty full of large woody plants as well as
assorted perennials -- these tend to get a bit dry and are basically either
shady or partially shady.

I'm making a sand bed for sun and good drainage lovers that will get
planted tomorrow...this is 12 inches of sand and pea gravel over a couple
inches of compost over clay that drains well.

Do any of the above conditions sound like they would do or do I need to
quickly make another type of environment??

Or, should I pot these guys up and overwinter in my cool to cold pseudo

Any and all help will be vastly appreciated.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Gardening Topic Index for Suite101: