Re: More on dormancy

	Typhonium; I have grown T. giganteum outdoors for about 8 years and
it is absolutely ther last of the hardy aroids to emerge in late summer. It
is not unusual to wait until the end of July-even mid-August before the
first leaf emerges. It stays up right to frost.
	On the other hand T. divericatum which is not hardy here goes
dormant  about the same time and stay barely dormant in a cool greenhouse
until March or April and continues to grow and bloom off and on all summer.
I'd bet that in a warmer climate it would stay active all year long.

	Jim W.

James W. Waddick          		Voice: 816 746 1949
8871 NW Brostrom Rd                  	E-MAIL:
Kansas City MO 64152 		Fax: 816 746 1939
Zone 5/6 -
Winter low  -10=B0F
Summer high +100=B0F