RE: Ambrosinia bassii

----------
From: 	aroid-l@mobot.org on behalf of eduardo gomes goncalves
Sent: 	Thursday, October 23, 1997 7:23 PM
To: 	ju-bo@msn.com
Subject: 	Re: Ambrosinia bassii

On Wed, 22 Oct 1997, Carlo A. Balistrieri wrote:

> Anyone have suggestions for a list of the smallest aroids? I'd like to
> compile one for Aroid-L (and my want list!).
>
> Carlo
>

>>Dear Carlo,

Some forms of Spathicarpa hastifolia are very small when adult (less
than 12cm tall). You can also add Pistia on your list.

Best wishes,

Eduardo. <<

Dear Carlo,

One for your list (and mine!) is the N. Australian Lazarum, discribed By Dr. A
hay a few years ago.  I can`t find my copy of the discription at the moment,
but it is a true miniature, about 10 cm tall.  The name also is nice, as Hay
says that, like Lazarus, it seems to rise again from the dead!
Unfortunately, I hear that this is one of the ones that will be "lumped" into
Typhonium.
Cheers,
Julius
ju-bo@msn.com