Re: Alocasia macrorrhiza berrry color

     Red. Whitish could perhaps refer to the fruiting spathe of some
     (Bornean)species that are quite often misidentified as A.

Subject: Alocasia macrorrhiza berrry color
Author:  <> at mailgate
Date:    10/8/98 10:45 PM

        Has anyone seen mature fruit on Alocasia macrorrhiza and if so
what color are the berries.  I have them reported as whitish though I
honestly don't know where I came up with this and a reviewer of my
description says he thinks they may be orange.  I would really
appreciate a reply from anyone who has more intimate knowledge of this
Thomas B. Croat, Ph.D.
P.A. Schulz Curator of Botany
Missouri Botanical Garden
P.O. Box 299
St. Louis, MO 63166-0299
phone: 314-577-5163; fax 314-577-9596; email