Re: Propagation by Leaf Cutting

-----Original Message-----
From: MJ Hatfield <oneota@ames.net>
To: ju-bo@msn.com <ju-bo@msn.com>
Date: Monday, October 11, 1999 5:57 PM
Subject: Re: Propagation by Leaf Cutting

Dear MJ,
My guess (GUESS, mind you!!!) would be to wait till the petiole was
completely dry, then carefully transplant the base with new bulbil to good
growing soil, water and wait for a new leaf.
Good luck,

dry>>Alan Galloway can't be reached right now but he said:
"I've been doing some Aroid propagation experiments this year...
Unlike some others, I do not use the upper part of the leaf.  I use only
the petiole.  I cut into 3-4 inch sections and stick them in a mixture
of pine bark and perlite, then put them underneath a trash bag for 6 to
8 weeks.  After that the part of the petiole cutting above the ground
has whithered, but a bulbil has formed underground."

OK, the leaf has withered and there is a bulbil at the base. Help! What
do I do now?

MJ Hatfield<<