Re: Slugs and Copper

In a message dated 10/17/1999 7:46:33 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
hermine@endangeredspecies.com writes:

<< have mercy on the poor naked slug! put out outer leaves of lettuce, the
 ones you might toss away, and in the morning, throw the lettuce and slugs
 into your neighbor's garden.

 hermine

Oh, hermine, I so enjoy your very droll humor, and look forward to your
postings, but don'cha know that slugs can beat it back to your garden before
lunchtime?  I am for the kill, kill, kill method --- Dewey's "two bricks"
idea is not a bad one if there are not too many. Personally, I drown 'em in
beer that I wouldn't drink.  I won't mention the brand, but I will tell you
that it isn't Molsons or Moosehead Ale.

Jeanne Hannah