Re: soil bugs & anole lunch

They can be a pest?  How?  My Alocasia aquino (aka corazon) appears to be thriving but has several of them jumping (or is it flying) around over the soil surface.  A pot of A. magnifica longiloba is equally infested.  It too appears to be growing well.  For that reason I haven't worried about them.  Should I?  Are they pests only because people don't like them flapping around or are they pests because they damage plants?

Too bad about the anoles not getting enough sustenance.  I wouldn't want to starve them so will probably have to leave them all in Florida.