RE: Alocasia cucullata flower

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: RE: Alocasia cucullata flower
  • From: "newton" <newton@coiinc.com>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 22:13:27 -0500 (CDT)

Can anyone point me to a photo of the bloom/inflorescence for Alocasia

I have looked throughout the IAS site and related links but have not found
any information on the flowering details of Alocasia. I suspect it is not
very impressive, but I am not sure why I have not found any references.

In the pot with my plant is a small, prehistoric-looking shoot (1-1/2") with
a very geometric-looking, nodding head on it (3/8" dia.) in dark brown to
black. At first I thought it to be some type of fungus bloom. It is very
sturdy and is sprouting right up alongside the Alocasia stem. I have not dug
down to find its source as of yet.

Does this sound familiar? How will this progress and is there anything I can
do to make sure it develops to its fullest?

Help? This is fascinating.