Re: non-aroid search

Les, I've purchased 12 inch pots of Strelitzia reginae at Home Depot here in
Traverse City, Michigan. I believe I paid about $10/per. I cannot recall what
month I found these, but I'm inclined to think it was in the Fall 1999. I've
also seen them in the houseplant dept. of Meijer Thrifty Acres, which is
Michigan's answer to megastores like Walmart.

I've done a large Internet search, and all I can find there are wholesale
sources. I suggest just watching the plants that come in at Home Depot in the
next few months.

Jeanne Hannah
Traverse City, MI 49686
USDA Zone 5b