Re: Amorph. ID needed.

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Amorph. ID needed.
  • From: Krzysztof Kozminski <kk@kozminski.com>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 22:15:53 -0500 (CDT)

Wilbert Hetterscheid wrote:

> Dear Kris,
>
> You COULD have asked me directly, you know. I DO know something of those
> weirdos.

Yes, except I downloaded the photos in the evening from home, and sent email
from work, where I did not have your email address. I did not mean to bypass
you, by any means.

> Anyway, it is a Pseudodracontium and from the looks of it P.
> lacourii.

I tend to disagree - I had an impression that P.lacouri is one of those with
naturally variegated leaves, no?  At least the one you sent me is very
variegated: http://www.kozminski.com/Araceae/Pseudodracontium/lacourii.html
(unless my labeling got really messed up).

> Why you got this plant with that number is beyond me. It must be
> that a mistake was made during the distribution.

I think I am getting some idea how this might have happened. You also sent me a
P. fallax, of which I have this remark in my acquisition notes: "Very
desiccated, most likely DOA" and later "Expired".  Since I recycle the potting
soil, the apparently dead tuber must have founds it's way into the pot with the
other number where it revived, while the other one has croaked..

P.fallax is a suggestion from David Scherberich for the identity of my mystery
phalloid - do you agree?

--
Krzysztof Kozminski