Re: Alocasia cucullata flower

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Alocasia cucullata flower
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 09:48:27 -0500 (CDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: newton <newton@coiinc.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Date: Sunday, September 10, 2000 4:42 PM

Dear Tim,

My best advice is to wait and see, and let us know what it turns out to be!

Julius

>A week back I asked for info on . . ."

Can anyone point me to a photo of the bloom/inflorescence for Alocasia
cucullata?
In the pot with my plant is a small, prehistoric-looking shoot (1-1/2") with
a very geometric-looking, nodding head on it (3/8" dia.) in dark brown to
black. At first I thought it to be some type of fungus bloom. It is very
sturdy and is sprouting right up alongside the Alocasia stem. I have not dug
down to find its source as of yet."
I received no replies from anyone. The little guy is still getting bigger,
but no sign of opening as of yet.
Any ideas?
Tim<<