Re: Identifying Anthuriums and Pseudodrac.

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Identifying Anthuriums and Pseudodrac.
  • From: Adam Black <paleoart@digital.net>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 09:58:23 -0500 (CDT)

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to thank all of you who responded to my questions regarding the
identity of my recently purchased bird's nest Anthuriums. These plants were not
produced at Selby and were purchased by them from another source, so I have no
idea if these are hybrids or species. I will definately get a copy of Croat's
revision of sect. Pachyneurium. I also have a few hundred seeds of another
unidentified species of bird's nest Anthurium that are showing the first signs of
germination as I write this. These are from a mass of plants belonging to a
friend that were grown from seed he collected in Venezuela many years ago. He has
never made any attempt to collect the numerous seeds for propagation, nor has he
ever made an attempt to ID them. Hopefully they will be something different. When
they grow up a bit and I identify the parent plants, I will have a bunch of the
seedlings to offer to list members, assuming they all survive. Hope to meet you
all at the show/sale coming up soon! Thanks!

Adam Black