Re: aroideana!! A must have

  • Subject: Re: aroideana!! A must have
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 16:29:06 -0500 (CDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: brian williams <pugturd50@hotmail.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 12:47 AM
Subject: aroideana!! A must have

Aroid Friends,

I`d like to add my voice to Brian here, I do not believe that I could
survive without these wonderful publications, I have all the issues, and
what a wealth of invaluable information is contained within their pages!
Some of it is a little outdated, but it is not available anywhere else!   We
have been discussing 'self heading' Philodendrons on this forum, and only in
my Aroideanas are there photos of several of the rarer species such as P.
saxicolum and P. adamantinium, INCLUDING Dr Mayo`s original description of
P. leal-costae.    I believe that most are still available from the IAS, and
those of us who are lucky enough to be in Miami later this month can and
should pick up a set!   Personally, I can hardly wait to see the new issue
which is out anythime now!!!!

Sincerely,

Julius Boos,
WPB,  FLORIDA

>>I just would like to let everyone know buying all the aroideana was one of
the best things I have done. Their are tons of great pictures which are a
must for me LOL. Also lots of info on all the plants I have and the millions
I will soon have :>) Just got reading in Aroideana Vol,6 No1 About Bette
Waterbury Tracking down Philo Santa Leopoldiana. This is the same plant in
the auction and one I am very much after. Its great to hear about how she
got the plant and how much it meant to her.
Also have been reading about Dr Croat LOL as if he does not have an article
in just about every Aroideana. But the article was about propagating brought
back cuttings form south America. Using a chicken wire to hold long fiber
spaghnum moss under the tables. I hope others will read this that don't
already have the aroideana and will consider buying them. They have to be
the greatest source for aroid info available.<<