RE: moody amorphs

  • Subject: RE: moody amorphs
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 10:42:19 -0500 (CDT)

when does a diLLetant become a dileTTant?  please advise...
[Wilbert Hetterscheid] o.k., you got me there.............

so what's the answer to the question?  maybe these tubers just have the
moodiness of his lordiness...  LOL
[Wilbert Hetterscheid] I guess they wanted to examine the surroundings and then decided it wasn't good enough. But more seriously: I know this behaviour too (of my tubers, that is...). Usually it happens when roots and shoot don't develop at the same pace. You will probably notice, when digging up the tuber, that there are either no roots at all, or mushy ones. If the shoot has not rotted into the tuber, you may want to keep the tuber a bit dry and replant after a month. It may just try to do its thing again. If rot has entered the tuber...............well.............you'
ll just have to get on your knees for Lord P to get a new one. You can do that, I am sure....... As for an explanation: my guess is that the soil composition is bad. Too acidic (acidous?) or too dense. Another reason may be that the tuber has rested too long.

Lord P.

tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/orchidspecies