Re: moody amorphs

  • Subject: Re: moody amorphs
  • From: GeoffAroid@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 12:00:18 -0500 (CDT)

Susan,
My plants came from the Malesiana Tropicals nursery in Kuching (
www.malesiana.tropicals.com) where they are tissue cultured along with
various other amorphs and Alocasias. They cost the princely sum of 8 US
dollars! They were very healthy and have never looked back, growing like
weeds, first in a heated and artificially lit tank then in my bedroom
windowsill. Quite what I am going to do when they get bigger (they can reach
huge proportions!) I am not sure, probably grow out on my balcony in summer
and keep indoors dormant in winter. Do try it again, it has the most
beautifully marked stem and attractive leaflets. I also got A. eburneus from
them and that too is growing like a weed. Maybe the tissue culturing makes a
diffference?

Best of luck with your future attempts,
Geoffrey