RE: moody amorphs

  • Subject: RE: moody amorphs
  • From: magrysbo@shu.edu
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:21:07 -0500 (CDT)

OK, happened to my A-103, came with a nice point. this spring (A.
albispathum or albus?). I hollowed out the tip, put in cinnamon powder, and
rested it exposed on dry, rain-sheltered soil in a partially sunny
coldframe. Now it has 3  1 foot high and 1 foot wide leaves. Can't say as
much for half of Arisaemas I got from the same source through a friend this

"Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>@mobot.org on 09/08/2001
11:43:21 AM

Please respond to aroid-l@mobot.org

Sent by:  aroid-l@mobot.org

To:   Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>

when does a diLLetant become a dileTTant?  please  advise...
[Wilbert  Hetterscheid] o.k., you got me  there.............

so what's the answer to the  question?  maybe these tubers just have the
moodiness of his  lordiness...  LOL
[Wilbert  Hetterscheid] I guess they wanted to examine the surroundings and
then  decided it wasn't good enough. But more seriously: I know this
behaviour too  (of my tubers, that is...). Usually it happens when roots
and shoot don't  develop at the same pace. You will probably notice, when
digging up the tuber,  that there are either no roots at all, or mushy
ones. If the shoot has not  rotted into the tuber, you may want to keep the
tuber a bit dry and  replant after a month. It may just try to do its thing
again. If rot has  entered the  tuber...............well.............you'll
just have to get on your knees for Lord P to get a new one. You can do
that, I  am sure....... As for an explanation: my guess is that the soil
composition is  bad. Too acidic (acidous?) or too dense. Another reason may
be that the tuber  has rested too long.

Lord  P.

tsuh yang chen, nyc,  USA