Re: Greenhouse effect

  • Subject: Re: Greenhouse effect
  • From: "Ron Iles" <roniles@eircom.net>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 10:36:24 -0500 (CDT)

Posterity - ice in a glass of water?

Antarctica, bigger than lil' ole Americkee, ice
half a mile thick, and "the rest of the other
snow"?  Melted?  Atlantis?

Armeggedon?  Is the 1 degree global increase just
natural?

Countless millions of square miles of Nature,
history, culture, drowned?

Global Climate changes?
Jungle gone?
Blinding ultraviolet?
Searing infra-red?
Fires everywhere
Super-Hurricanes, Unimaginable Monsoons, Mountain
landslides?
Just for start?
Desert, Man's dessert?

What will happen tothe Spirit of Man when all the
(Great) Beasts have gone? (Chief Seattle)

Cultural, social, economic breakdown?
Plague, Pestilence, Violence, War?

Just, a glass of water in poor Man's mighty
Mansion?

Global Environmental Quality Control?
Keep Arks with armed guards, exit tablets ready?

Posterity - ice in a glass of water?

Nah, just a lot of rubbish, why should we worry!

Its all scaremongering on the Tele, propaganda to
give us something to think about

Nature can look after itself, always has.  I'll
just have the things I want.

Ron O'Stritch