Re: Amorphophallus seed germination

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus seed germination
  • From: mburack@mindspring.com
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 10:39:13 -0500 (CDT)

I guess I am lucky....they really are always about the same for me... I soak seeds (all) in a solution of GA3, superthrive and burnt paper.....(although I am not sure if any of it is neces.)

aroid-l@mobot.org wrote:
> This is the quickest turn-around from seed to seedlings I've ever
experienced...comments please?

Amorphophallus konjac:
2 June 01 seed harvested, cleaned and sown
16 June 01 seed germinates
3 Aug. 01 seedlings transplanted
10 Sept. 01 seedlings are 15 cm tall with robust petioles and ready to
transplant to individual pots

Amorphophallus swynnertonii:
8 Aug. 01 seeds cleaned and sown
20 Aug. 01 seeds germinate
10 Sept. 01 seedlings are 9 cm tall with robust petioles and ready to
transplant to individual pots

Petra Schmidt
Research/Special Projects
Juniper Level Botanic Garden @ Plant Delights Nursery